quarta-feira, 5 de janeiro de 2011

Veneza! Venice, Veneto... The love city!


Venice was everything that I expected. Beautiful, romantic, exotic, inspiring! It had been one year since I was in Italy, and it felt so good to be in touch with my roots again. I feel at home in Italy. People are loud, expressive, emotional, passionate. People love eating. I cant deny that I have Italian blood. Being in Italy means so many things. Means that you are in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, for its landscapes, food, beautiful language and amazing history. Once again I experienced the feeling of being thirsty for learning more about what has happened to the world in the past. Who passed by those narrow streets that Im now at? Who built those huge impressive buildings that I now stare at? Who were the poets and the musicians that entertained and fullfilled the Venezian people's lives with beauty?
Its fallen-apart constructions only make the island more charming because although its maintenance are not as it should have been, the powerfull structures are still there, and it will be forever because whoever ordered its construction was not thinking on the frailty of life, other than that, craving for being part of eternity.
I was sick on the 31 and could not eat whatever I wanted. But that did not make my Cappodanno less special. It was for sure, the most beautiful New Years Eve of my 23 years of life. Being there was a gift from the mean that means the most to me. A ticket to Venice, a creditcard can pay, but being there with the love of my life is priceless.
Bonano! Feliz Ano Novo! Happy New Years to all my readers!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Comente aqui!